Commons Cargo bike sharing for cologne. Ongoing group project with german non-profit wielebenwir e.V.
A trojan horse to establish both new contacts and connections in the local community, and a vision of a car-free urban landscape.
KASIMIR is a “commons cargo bike”: KASIMIR is free to lend and uses local community Centers and cafés as pickup locations, facilitating an alternative method of transportation in the spirit of commons.
- provides booking of cargo bikes for all people free of charge.
- is a „common good“: sharing instead of individual ownership.
- is arguing for a change of mind in urban transportation, and represents resource conservation & traffic calming.
- promotes neighborhood cooperation: Booking is not anonymous, and the pickup location switches between Cafés, private citizens and social facilities.
- lets you try out cargo bikes, and is an advocate for the usage of cargo bikes in citys
More Information: http://www.kasimir-lastenrad.de